Monday, April 18, 2011

Welcome to our home......

                                                       Please come in! 
           (this is the attitude I like to have
              but honestly I sometimes struggle with
                     "short notice" calls...
               working on letting it go...it's a home not
                      a model house.




  




                       Meet our new chef

She woke up Saturday morning with a burst of energy to cook for her family.  She started with a delicious coffee cake from a recipe I followed when I was a young girl.  Same Cookbook.... and even though it is dated....there are recipes we continue to use. 










Neal is not giving up "his" kitchen so quickly...so his sister gives him a job or two for dinner prep. (sorry you burned your finger neal)

 I'd like cheese and ketchup on my turkey burger please....and a pickle on the side.








 Oh...first a little pico de gallo and homemade chips with special seasonings.





            Here you go mom...enjoy!





Special cookies without chocolate chips for me.  







Thanks for the yummy meal!

Who is cooking tonight? 

6 comments:

  1. That all looks delicious. My 12.5 year old is learning her way around the kitchen and I'm LOVING it! :) So nice to have someone cook for me/us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your kids are in the kitchen. They're adorable and the food looks like it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too struggle with the "Come on in, my door is open!" attitude. So funny that I don't expect perfection from anyone but myself. I love that the kids are cooking and everything looks so yummy! I had that same green baking dish, but dropped it full of baked cornbread a few months before we left home. I was so sad! It made the best brownies! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have that cookbook in our family, too! maybe the next time K and N come over we can have a cooking playdate-everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun post! My 3 1/2 year old just baked with her daddy and of course my 1 1/2 year old was trying to help,lol! Cooking is so great on so many levels for kids to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same cookbook too, and taught myself how to feed my hubby way back when! I looked, and mine is the 10th edition from 1989, with a groovy photo in the front of the ladies in the test kitchen. I sure wish I had the lovely pink bowtie blouse that one of those gals is wearing... ;-)
    I wish your kids' enthusiasm would rub off on mine! You tell them they can cook for me anytime--mmmmm!
    M~

    ReplyDelete