Grace

Parenting is a sacred job but at the same time can you leave you with feelings of desperation.  There are days when I want to run for the hills and stay there for a while.  How many times have I told my kids....running away from problems is never the answer?? Talking it through with each other and praying are much better solutions.

  As humans, we don't like to show our weaknesses.  How often we tell our kids to stop crying or say.... you are fine.  I know I have lacked tools in this area for so long that it becomes a habit to say those things.  How much better to acknowledge the issue and work from there.  Isn't that what we all want....to be heard and acknowledged??  Sometimes, that is what the problem is......listening to one another.  Oh how I wish I could go back to when my kids were little and rework some of those areas I know I didn't show patience or compassion.  However, I am thankful I have grown and continue to learn from my heavenly Father.  I am such a different parent with him.....(not perfect).....I still am in this flesh.....but.... as I have surrendered my children to him.....grace abounds and chains have been broken. He is strong in my weaknesses and for this, I praise God.

So today, as I have to talk with my teen about making different choices after allowing some freedom....I ask for his discernment.  Help me parent this child in a way that glorifies you.....there are certain things I want tot say and yet.....what good would that do?  Instead, I remember some choices of my own that weren't always the best.  I want to extend her the grace I have been given but at the same time.....be responsible in my parenting.......I have been given this gift of mothering and I don't want to take it for granted, ever.  With him, all things are possible. I wait. I pray.  I know kingdom work is being done and for this I am thankful.






Comments

Popular Posts