Trials

No one is exempt from trials.....no matter how much you pray or deny them from your life.  As long as we are walking on this earth....they will come to us.  I know that some are bigger than others and I have always thought that as long as my family is healthy then nothing else matters. Thankfully at this time....we are so I need to be thankful. 

However...there are sometimes when many trials come to us at one time....and that is when it becomes overwhelming to me.  I am not going to write a list of my problems but this blog does serve as a source of therapy so it is helpful to express my thoughts with words. 

I am choosing to look at what I am grateful for and that is definitely my family.  













My grandma, aunt, mom, and sister are strong women whom I can call and talk to at any time and they will listen objectively.  They know my strengths and weaknesses....and I can be honest with all of them. 














I discovered these photos from my birthday last spring at my parents house. My dad made his delicious pizza and lemon cake for me.  My cousin Michael (whom I also adore) was in town from NYC so he joined us.  Focusing on nights with family helps me endure days when I feel overwhelmed with pressures from the outside world.  


















Thanking God for his grace and my faith in Him....because without his heavenly ways I wouldn't know where to turn.


Our Father is preparing us to meet the deep inner needs of others by bringing us through the dark places first. 

I am wondering where God is leading me after some of these trials end....I look forward to sharing them with you.  I know I will be stronger from them.





 

 

Comments

  1. Hang in there, dear friend! I know it's hard to focus on the positive when you are being barraged with negatives, but leaning on your faith and those loving people around you will see you through! A coffee date now and then with a good friend sure helps me... ;-)
    Thanks for bringing a bit of sunshine into my life with those flowers!
    Hugs to you,
    M~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    I don't know what trials you are facing....but God does. So, I just asked Him to please take care of you and to be close to you while to travel thru this hard time. Sending prayers and a great big hug!! :)
    Shann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you are leaning on your faith during these times! I am also going through some changes and holding God's hand to get me through! I wish you were closer so we could share a cup of coffee or a glass of wine!
    I am praying for you!
    XO,
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer, I completely understand about being taken through dark places. I know that there is a purpose to our trials, but in the midst of them it's awful hard to think that way. It's such a comfort knowing that Jesus knows where you are today even before you got here, He already knew & He knows what it looks like on the other side. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweetie...sending a hug your way. I know trials are not fun, but I'm glad you have your faith and you know God will walk by your side. I'm praying for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts