Cold Asian Noodle Salad

My family requests this salad frequently.  It is one of those recipes that EVERYONE likes....and quite easy to put together.  Sometimes I add or delete veggies....depending on what I have in the refrigerator.  I think my kids really like the noodles and sauce more than the vegetables...imagine that.  I highly recommend you customize it to fit your family.  Thanks from the Food Network and Guy Fieri.  (our family likes to watch cooking shows together).   I know there are a lot of ingredients....which I usually don't find favorable......but I think it is worth the effort.




Ingredients

- 1 package soba noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce  
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce 
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or julienned
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced or julienned
- 5 green onions, bottom four inches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly slice napa cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly slice or julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned bok choy 
- 1 cup bean sprouts, optional
- 3 table spoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted for garnish
- 4 tablespoons unsalted peanuts.(my daughter is allergic..we don't add) 

Directions
In a medium stock pot, boil water, add salt and cook noodles. When finished, place noodles in an ice water bath to cool.
Drain and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, hot chili oil, hoisin and extra-virgin olive oil. Mix thoroughly and then combine prepared vegetables and noodles.

Garnish with sesame seeds and peanuts.     
  
     

Comments

  1. That is something I would absolutely love. I would probably add chicken and make it a meal. It would be especially good this summer. I will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts