An afternoon of family

When family comes by to visit.....I am in my comfort zone.  I like that time slows down and we talk about everything.  My cousin is in town from NYC....so he came by to see us.  My aunt and grandma were with him....and it just makes for the perfect afternoon.  We didn't have a plan....but soon cookies were being baked by my daughter and iced-tea and cokes were being sipped. I love that we were all in my kitchen together. It really is the heart of our home.  A place to gather and just be!
I can make them myself mom
We like the old-fashioned mixer sometimes
Katie's Oatmeal cookies





A quiet moment.....Neal and Michael


We don't get to see Michael very often since he is so busy writing plays....but when we do....it is the best!  He is funny, witty, and one of the most intelligent men I know.  He is like a brother to me.....and almost like an uncle to my kids.  Hopefully he doesn't mind that I am writing about him on my blog! (smile)


My grandma.....an amazing woman!



I am thankful that my kids are able to be surrounded by so many loving family members.....we are all close-knit....even though some of us live out of state....it doesn't matter.  We even travel together.....and that is a test of character.....wouldn't you say??!  Thank you God for all of my family and the love that we give one another. (can't wait for my sister to visit next week....missing her)
I had to add this recent family photo ( not taken this afternoon but family that I love)

Comments

  1. What a fantastic post! I love being with family as well. And old mixers...and oatmeal cookies....and darling Grandma's. :) How cool that your cousin writes plays!! I loved your family photo. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I love this post! And that family photo is absolutely gorgeous! You always take the most amazing photos of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful family and home :) Kate's cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, so sweet a post!! Love the pics and the lovely sentiments. I am so glad you had a good time with Michael!
    M~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts