organizing my kitchen

I thought I should hold myself accountable by showing some photos on my blog of my kitchen cabinets.  One of my goals this year is to declutter each room of my home.  I have started with my kitchen.  I am only showing inside a few cabinets today.....the "organized" ones. 

When my husband and I got married almost 14 years ago.....we registered for Fiestaware as our everyday dishes.  I do not regret this....however my color palate has changed somewhat since then.  Today I would probably not choose yellow as one of my colors.....however.....I would have more blue and white.  Anyway....some of our salad bowls have broken over the years and I can also see in this photo....some have chipped.  It may be time to invest in new bowls.  I do love that with these dishes you can mix and match.  I like to change things around and it is fun to put different colors together.  I am going to continue to collect this and sometimes I find original Fiestaware in antique stores.  

The other cabinet is filled with favorite white dishes that I have gotten in recent years.  I think I was attracted to the blue/white flowered mugs because I am sure my mom had something from this pattern in the 70's.  The champagne glasses are for sparkling cider for special occasions.


I love collecting vintage table cloths.....and just went through my collection.  We don't use tablecloths every night....but we do set the table.  I try and use cloth napkins to be "green" but some nights this just doesn't happen.  

Would love to hear how you organize your kitchen.  More to come soon.


Jen




Comments

  1. I love Fiestaware! Yours is so pretty. I got some for Christmas (all different colors)(one of which is yellow-ha!) and I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty dishes. And linens. I have a thing for pretty linens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fiesta ware as well. mine is all white. Still I am ready for a change as well. I like your organization. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the yellow with the white. And I collect vintage tablecloths too! We definitely have similar taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I collect Fiesta too! Great organization. I also saw your daughter's birthday is Valentine's Day! Mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure wish I could say my kitchen is organized, but it is way too small for that! I just deal with it by every so often getting fed up with the mess and going at it. Wanna come over when you are done with yours and give mine a whirl?? :-)
    M~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love being organized. It feels so good doesn't it? I also collect vintage tablecloths...they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts