Memory Monday and Friendship!

I am going to be participating in Memory Monday from Joanne's Blog.  Her friend Janna is posting "favorites" from the archives of The Simple Wife.  I don't know why I haven't joined in before...but now is the time.  There is hopeful news about her and I am so thankful.  So if you would like to join in....you can leave me a comment or visit her blog to read about the history behind it. (or both) 








                                              I will be memorizing Psalm 46 this week. 


I haven't been faithful about memorizing scripture and this is an area I need to be disciplined. This is what has come to me in my quiet time. So I am thankful for the opportunity to take part in this exercise.  Did I mention that I took a class at church last night about becoming a member? I have been attending this church since 2007 but have not applied for membership.  I had come from another church and I have taken baby steps toward joining.  However....after last night....I know I am headed in the right direction and anticipate growth in doing so.   It helps to have one of my dearest friends walking with me.

By the way...here is a photo of each of us during a "girls" day in Laguna Beach last summer.   (a post about our friendship soon)


                                                                         Mary
                                                                         Me



Have a good Monday!!

Comments

  1. Good for you for moving towards membership!!! And hooray for friends (those pics are gorgeous!).

    I haven't been good a scripture memory for a while now...I want to be better. Much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That day still gives me chuckles, and makes me thirsty ;-) Thanks for sharing that day with me-no other person on the planet could possibly have understood "The Quest for the Perfect, Ok Just Drinkable, Iced Tea" day.
    Now I am off to start memorizing 1 Peter 1:8!
    Hugs, and counting the days!!! G.W.!!!
    ~M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts