Books at our house

Rejoicing that it is a new day!
 One of my favorite topics....BOOKS!
My one request for both my children's rooms before they were born, was that they have a special bookcase.  My daughter now has moved on to a bigger one...because she too, loves to read.  We have bookshelves in our loft, each of my kid's rooms, our family room and then in various baskets throughout our home.  So beware...a lot of photos ahead. (My dream job....to own a children's book store like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail.  (is that everyone's favorite?)
My daughter's shelf...some book are from my childhood

My all time favorite series........I reread them quite often

Will be reading this series with my kids soon

Messy but well-loved books

My quiet time books.....with my Bible in a case

A peek at more of my favorites

You can tell I love Norman Rockwell...and art (favorite artists post soon)

These books were given to Kate by Aunt GG.....Classics

I had to add some of my husband's favorites....he reads more now than a few years ago

One of my favorite author's........click on the button on my sidebar to check updates.  She is doing so well.



So many more to share....but I will end this series for now.

Comments

  1. Great minds think alike! I love this post! And I wrote a similar one today too! I always love recommendations for a good book! With two little girls, ages 3 and 1, I am really making the effort to read every night before going to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just left you a post, but I am not sure it went through! Great minds think alike, my post is about books today too! I always love book suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dream of having a house with a library. Can you imagine a WHOLE ROOM dedicated to books and cozy fainting couches? Shivers.
    Let's not give up on our dream of having our "silent owner" book/coffee shop!! What else will we do when our kids are all grown up and living their own lives? Take up knitting? I don't know about you, but I stink at knitting.
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore your book collection.
    There are so many on your shelves, that are on mine as well. Nothing compares to a good quality story. :o) And it amazes me, how much Beth Moore bible studies have aided in the subject of history in home school! :o)
    Have you ever heard of Lamplighter Books?
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts