Being real.....

I cherish being a mother but some days are more difficult than others.  Ugh!  Just feeling grumpy today and having a BAD attitude.  Funny that I scold my daughter for this often...when I in return struggle.   Is it silly to be frustrated with "little" things when there is so much tragedy in the world?  All I know is.....I feel blah!!!!

Last night.....


new blender (filled with smoothie ingredients) didn't work
dogs ate a whole loaf of bread left on counter
math homework filled with anxiousness 
studying last minute for a test on all the American presidents....tears flowing
My hubby home after bedtime
Not happy with my words right before tuck in time


Thankful it is a new day and our joy is not in our circumstances but in the One who created us.


I like this quote in my little devotional I keep by my computer.......


"Happiness, like winning, is a matter of right thinking, not intelligence, age, or position." 


Source...Come before Winter, p.239

Now I need to get going and meditate on "right thinking." 


From my photo archives.....2002.....Kate looks full of joy here!!  Makes me smile!

Comments

  1. Hi! I just found you from Humble Pie and I had to comment bc I am having ONE of those days today! It has been a long winter with all the snow we have had and my girls are going stir crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quote. :o)
    It sure brings everything into perspective.
    I think as mom's we all have those stinker days.
    I am so thankful that the Lord doesn't have them. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts