changes





Sometimes I don't realize the "big" changes in my kids life until after it has taken place.

Neal had a sippy cup of milk everyday until he was about 5. One day he was drinking water with his lunch and his "milky ba" was gone forever. Kate needed white grape juice in her sippy cup each day....and again....one day this ritual was gone.

My kids also had to have their blankies with them in the morning until they transitioned from sleepy heads to I-am-awake-now. One day.....who knows when... the blankies were staying in their beds all the time.

It's not that I want my kids to still be drinking from sippy cups or dependent on their comfort item however.....I mourn for those rites of passages sometimes. Is that what they are??

As my daughter is approaching age 10 next week it makes me nostalgic for the past.

So the newest change.......is painting over pink walls with Tiffany blue. When did she stop liking "pink?" I am not sure....but here we go....another transition.






Comments

Popular Posts