Sometimes I don't know where to put my thoughts....

Do you ever have so much on your mind and you are not sure what to do with it. The book I am reading is promoting this thinking for me. I have questions about myself and others around me. Am I really doing the work that God intended me to do? Am I embarrassed to discuss my thoughts. Why as a culture do we sometimes hide who we are? Well those are loaded questions. I think it would be easier if we (as a society) shared our weaknesses rather than hide behind our "achievements." I am not implying that rejoicing in our strengths is negative. However, it seems like we prefer to "boast" rather than tell the truth. When I can identify with someone it brings a level of peace to the relationship. I am guilty of making things look better than they are. Then I wonder why I am doing this? Yes...the obvious....insecurities and not wanting others to think I am weak!! When you think about deep relationships you have with others.....it is because you have shared your weaknesses.

As mothers.....I know you can relate. How many times do you say everything is great when in reality it isn't. Just know that you are not alone. EVERYONE struggles in areas and just think the benefits you might serve someone if you told the truth.

I think this also relates to a post I read recently about being authentic. I know I would rather be with an honest, humble individual rather than someone that thinks they know it all. Yet...I know that I have work to do in this area, too.

What are your thoughts??

Comments

  1. Hey Jenny,

    I really liked this post. It was thought-provoking and real. It is difficult to expose imperfections, even though it can usually make you and someone else feel better when you do. It's the risk that you won't be understood and the fear that everyone else has it together perfectly that get in the way.

    I miss you and hope you're doing well. Things here are overall good - plenty of blessings to be grateful for and plenty of challenges to keep things interesting. Hope we get a chance to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts